短篇小说”母亲节” A Mother’s Day Story

Sun, May 8 § 2 Comments

这个故事可能看起来很长,但是真的很短!
This story might seem long, but it’s actually really short!

从前有个儿子很恨他的母亲,因为他母亲让他的父亲在车祸中死去了。
Once upon a time, a little boy hated his mother. The boy hated her because she was the one who let his dad die during a car accident.

他妈妈每天都很担心。
Every day, the mom worried.

儿子常常和她争论,还有儿子看不起她了。
Her and her son frequently argued.

因为他妈妈只有一只眼睛,所以他儿子认为她像一个怪物。
Because his mom only had one eye, the son thought she looked like a monster.

当儿子的朋友取笑他妈妈的时候,儿子就造假笑,但是他却是在咒骂他妈妈。
When his friends teased him about his mom’s eye, he would just laugh along but in his mind, he was actually ashamed of it and cursed his mother.

每次他说“眼睛”两字,妈妈就低头,摇头轻笑一下,然后再继续做家务。
Each time the son brings up the subject about her single eye, his mom would just slightly lower her head, smile just the tiniest bit, and continue her business as if he never said anything.

儿子二十岁时候,他从外国大学回来第一次来见妈妈,为她过生日。
When the son was twenty and attended an out-of-state college, he decided to visit his mother for the first time.

但是当他回到家的时候,她却不在。
But when he got to the house, she wasn’t there.

相反,一张陌生的脸出现在面前。
Instead, a stranger’s face appeared.

儿子不解地问这家人,她妈妈在哪里。
Confused, the son asked where his mother went.

陌生人叹了一口气,返回屋内,出来时手里拿着一张纸条。
The stranger gasped, went back inside the house, and came back out with a note in his hand.

儿子发现这张纸条是几个月之前写的。
The son saw the note was written a few months ago.

纸条上说:
He read the note.

”亲爱的儿子,我很久之前就决定是时候要告诉你了。
Dear son, I decided I should have told you this a long time ago.

当我怀了你的时后, 你爸爸不声不响离开我。
When I was pregnant with you, your father suddenly disappeared and left me without a word.

我很伤心,并且开始酗酒。
I became very depressed and constantly drank.

但你出生的以后,我不再喝酒了,决定专心养你。
When you were born, I stopped drinking and decided to whole-heartedly raise and support you.

过了几年,你被诊断出得了一种病,以致某一天你会失去你的眼睛。
After a few years, you were diagnosed with a disease that would consequent to you losing your eyes.

我不想你失去眼睛,所以我觉得把我的眼睛移植给你。
I couldn’t let that happen, so I got my eye surgically removed and donated it to you.

真的对不起给你带来的创伤。
I apologize if all this have brought hurt onto you.

原谅我。–妈妈“
Please forgive me.
–Mom

看完信后,那陌生人说: “你再也找不到她了。她已经搬家,去了非洲。
After he finished reading the note, the stranger added, “You won’t be able to find her now; she already moved out of the country to Africa.

我不知道她会那里住在多少年。
I don’t know how long she’s going to be staying there.

对不起。”
Sorry.”

那天儿子不能入睡。
That night, the son couldn’t fall asleep.

儿子已婚后的某一天,有个老太太来敲儿子家的门。
One day, after the son married, an elderly woman knocked on his front door.

儿子一看到这位老太太的眼睛,他突然哭了。
Once the son saw the woman’s eye, he broke into tears.

儿子抱着他的妈妈。
The son hugged his mom.

Okay, I know the story was a little far-fetched, but I think it’s a touching story and I don’t usually write that kind of stuff. And just to clue you in, those funky characters is Chinese — long story short I originally made the story in Chinese, then translated it to English, and I thought you’d might like to see both languages so there you go.

Anyway, I hope this story got you thinking. Go appreciate your parents and send them some ♥.


Advertisements

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

§ 2 Responses to 短篇小说”母亲节” A Mother’s Day Story

Whaddya think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

What’s this?

You are currently reading 短篇小说”母亲节” A Mother’s Day Story at Her Notepad.

meta